Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day two

I think that the Ariel typeface I chose was ignored. Today I called and e-mailed a scientific researcher at Clongen Labs in MD, told him my story and so far he has not stood up to receive the potential Nobel Prize. I battled several anxiety attacks and then e-mailed the World Health Organization in Argentina. Most likely with a click my message can be translated into Spanish. Do you think he wants to save thousands of people who have the plant living and propagating on and in their skin? Or maybe like every one else that thinks "thisisnotinmyjobdescription" he will not be of help either. I know the right person will step up to save thousands of lives sooner or later. Just a week or so ago a 9 year old boy with this infestation killed himself. I would have done the same thing a year ago but suicide is the chickens way out and against my personal code of ethics. But who knows?Apparently as this thing takes over more of your skin, splinters start coming out instead of the horrifying fuzzy seed pods, innocuous fibers, black spores and hairs that are relatively painless. I have had several splinters come out--some pop out and I scream and jump because it is with such force--and others just seem to float to the top of the skin on my fingers and then with a tad of a scrape they come off and I put them in a plastic baggie or on a piece of tape. This is THE EVIL as my friend Robert in SC calls it. I called a Biosystematics Organization who are involved with insects which live on humans and the response was disbelief and resistance. No Nobel Prize for them either. I sometimes wonder if I do nothing to prevent the plant from taking over, how long would it take?

No comments:

Post a Comment