Friday, November 13, 2009

Tumbleweeds,Nazis,and Aliens

Hi all fellow sufferers in this hell. Today Tony called to clarify a few things before he took the story to the editor. He told me he really enjoyed meeting me and if I found out more about the plant to let him know---follow up story in the offing or offering. He also said that when he spoke to Randy Wymore the good doctor said he knew nothing about a plant==especially one that was growing all over the house==but would be happy to look at it. I e-mailed him just a few minutes ago and so we shall see.

Which brings us to the tumble weeds. Once I saw the plant I knew what I had been seeing all along. When the plant is "done" it goes to seed like any other plant. You know the white fuzzy dust balls that you find and if you look closer see grayish or reddish clumps in it as well as hair and sometimes something that looks like strips of wood. Sometimes the white fibers are almost tranluscent and very straight and sometimes they look like feathers and sometimes it is a feather because this thing loves to attach itself to cotton, feathers, linen--anything with an open weave. It thrives and comes to fruition in order to reproduce itself. I have seen it grow on almost every kind of surface except silk. Wood, tile, plastic, glass, my Daddy's leather Bible, shoes, my keyboard, metal, my precious conch shell carved like a cameo with Psyche or a likeness thereof, polyester and human skin. Oh yes and you can find it in dryer lint. The colors of the fibers are really pronounced. The red is red the black is black.

As far as GMO's go----Where did the Nazis go? And the answer is "What is Argentina?" Draw your own. Mine is something like just another story we all make up to try to make some kind of sense of our topsey turvy world. Find an old tropical creepy thing and then monkey around with it some more. Maybe or maybe not.

Blame it on the Bossa Nova--or my brother Phil. Or Phiddy as we used to call him in his younger days. Now he is a high faluttin' Chief of Staff Surgeon in Texas, oh yeah--eelskin cowboyboots and all--and I swear this is true--Conservative!!!--suggested ALIENS. Tongue in cheek most likely. At least he does not suffer from the Semmelweis Reflex as most or many doctors and scientists do. And as Clemente always said "Who know?"

I will never give up this cause. God is with me and you.

On this Sabbath Day my love goes out to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment