Friday, September 4, 2009

Let it bleed

Hey well then what else can you do? Back on track. Tonight I spoke to a rep of the CDC. He was very helpful and so I e-mailed a picture of the plant to the correct department. I expect to hear from them . I sent them a picture--a big clear one--and have in my hot little paw a copy of the pathology report from UC Davis Medical Center. All of us who have this horror are terrified that we will give it to someone else. That be THEIR job. We pay them. We don't have to shuck and bow. It is an organization dedicated, in part, to keeping citizens safe and out of harms way of communicable diseases whatever their origination. I am pretty sure my cat has this too. Did I give it to him? Who knows? This thing is living everywhere here. When I leave my house I am going to take everything with me including the dishwasher. What do you think? Plus they give cash for keyes. No one who has lived here for the last 10 years has ever had a key to any door. Obviously we don't lock the doors. I do have a really big bag of keyes and at one point before I got sick thought I should have at least a key to the front door and spent an hour or two trying them all to no avail. So unless I go to Home Depot, which I can't anyway because the slime producing bacteria that are eating the dead algea get into my eyes and I can't see to drive, and spend about $100.00 I will get no cash for keyes. Now my idea is to put everything into storage and after 6 months or so go back and look to see if the plant has survived. We don't know what will kill it for sure even outside the body. Friends want this or that if I go homeless or die or whatever and no way am I going to give anything to anybody. It would be like giving them the disease. Storage only or burn the whole thing up. In a day or two I will start packing especially the things my kids would like to have. Ah, life. How mysterious. No sense wishing.

3 comments:

  1. I’m glad that you haven’t given up trying to find someone who might be interested to help - you never know when you’ll hit on the right person.

    You write how your eyes have been affected, permit me to ask a silly question but have you been to the eye doctor (Ophthalmologist) to complain about “something” in your eye?
    We don’t understand yet why regular doctors automatically think so many Morgellons sufferers are just imagining parasites on their skin without even checking them, but I suppose if one goes to an eye doctor and says they seem to have some debris or an infection in their eyes the eye doctor would have take a look. They have all that magnifying and illuminating equipment for looking into people’s eyes. Perhaps that’s a way of getting a professional to check it out further? I don’t know… just trying to think of new avenues to take.

    My children will be leaving home in the near future and I told them I was looking forward to getting rid of everything and they could take it all with them. HA! They turned their noses up and said they didn’t like any of my old fashioned stuff!

    I understand your hesitation about sharing an apartment with someone else out of concern about passing on the disease on to anyone, but have you considered putting a flat sharing notice on any of the Morgellons forums? I have read others say they keep away from people so as not to pass it on to anyone and they are feeling very isolated and lonely. Perhaps it's an arrangement that could work?

    Shabbat Shalom
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put my stuff in storage for 9 months, through the hot summer in So.Cal. When I returned it was alive and well. Sorry.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concerning the move out. I just left my house, and felt that I should treat the bathrooms and carpet very carefully before I left the space to anyone else. I used the Diatenacious Earth on all the carpet areas and Kleen Green on all the hard surfaces as well as a final wipe with Clorox Disinfecting Wipes on all hard surfaces. It was a big job, but I feel good about doing the best I could to spare the new owners from this condition. My intentions were good and that's all I can do. I wish you wellness. My new space was newly refurbished with new flooring and paint so I immediately sprinkled the carpet with baking soda and will continue while I live here. The hard surfaces get clorox wipes regularly.Clothes are being stored in airtight bags for 90 days to kill off any infestation. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete